Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Review: Dosa-N-Curry, Somerville, MA

My husband and I discovered this hidden gem located @ 447 Somerville Ave in Somerville, MA when we were in the area, visiting friends.  This is an Indian "vegetarian fusion" restaurant, featuring both vegetarian and vegan meals, as well as gluten-free options.  The decor was dark, but the light that streamed in from the front windows made it a delightful experience for the senses.  There was a television toward the front that was playing Bollywood entertainment on mute while the speakers filled the room with Indian music in quiet tones that only further added to the ambiance.

They had a lunch buffet, but we chose to order from the menu.  The offerings all looked to be reasonably priced.  And what a menu!  There are a ton of dishes to choose from that have enough description to make your mouth water.  For lunch, I had a piece of garlic naan along with a favorite dish of mine, Dal Mahkani and white rice.  I received both of my items at once in a timely manner.  

The portions were quite large.  I got a ton of rice and the entree was so large, I had to take home the leftovers (which I was more than happy to do!), which made for a terrific dinner later that night.  The Dal Makhani was totally amazing.  The spicing was perfect and the flavors were exotically transforming.  

When our server came over to ask us if we enjoyed our meal, I was literally speechless for a minute.  I gushed about how good our meals were, that it was a wonderful experience, and how we would definitely come again.

I give this restaurant my top rating:   5 stars!  * * * * *




No comments:

Post a Comment