Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas to all!

My husband and I went to my father's house for dinner with my family, including my father, my two brothers, their respective wives, and my little nephew.  We had a wonderful time.  I got to spend some time with everyone, and got to hang out with my nephew, who I don't get to see all that often.  I totally spoiled him for Christmas, getting him a lot of toys and books.  He was having so much fun with everything everybody got for him.  He's a smart cookie and is just the cutest little thing! 

My father served a beef tenderloin with the choice of horseradish or Bearnaise sauces (he said he overcooked it, but everyone thought it was great); broiled salmon filet (for my husband); a baked potato (again, for my husband); risotto with peas; and caponata.  I brought my marinated olives (mentioned earlier on this blog, I believe), molasses cookies, brownies, and chocolate sorbet, all homemade.  I was very pleased with how everything turned out.  Everybody liked everything.  I'm already thinking about what to bring next year that will really "wow" them.  One of my brothers and his wife brought a homemade banana ice cream, with chocolate chips that they made in their ice cream machine.  (It turns out that me and both of my sister-in-laws have the same kind.  Small world!)  I loved it, since Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey is my favorite ice cream flavor, and it tasted almost exactly like that, minus the walnuts.  It makes me want to get creative the next time I make ice cream, to make something spectacular.  I'll put it up here when I do it, hopefully with much success.

No comments:

Post a Comment