Monday, April 20, 2015

Pasta a la Garlicky Olive Oil

Fran and I went to a restaurant last week in our neighborhood, a place where the locals seem to flock to. I ordered their olive oil garlic pasta, which while it was good, it was a plain and definitely needed something to jazz it up. I decided the next time I wanted that dish, I would make it myself.

And lucky for me, it's a cinch to make.

Garlic is the main ingredient in this recipe, so garlic lovers, rejoice!


Pasta a la Garlicky Olive Oil


1/2 cup of olive oil
6 large cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup of diced tomatoes
salt and pepper
crushed red pepper flakes, garnish
chopped parsley, for garnish
cooked pasta of your choice

In a high edged saute pan, heat oil on medium high. When it begins to stream, add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and turn down to medium low heat, cooking for about 30 seconds, until you can smell the garlic. Add the tomatoes and heat through, for about three minutes. Add the pasta to the pan, carefully tossing thoroughly until all the pasta is coated, about a minute or so. Sprinkle the crushed red pepper flakes and parsley on top of each serving.

Serve immediately with a nice cold glass of white wine, along with a nice crusty bread, with a seasoned olive oil with the dried herbs of your choosing.

No comments:

Post a Comment