Monday, April 20, 2015

Chickpea Curry Stew

The afternoon has turned wet and dank, and I needed something hearty to warm me up. I came up with this gem of an entree tonight due to the fact I didn't have enough ingredients to make another recipe idea I came up with for a Middle Eastern style dish. So, I worked with what I had in my pantry and went to town.

I hope you're as pleased as I was with the results.






Chickpea Curry Stew


2 tablespoons of olive oil
salt and pepper
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon of cumin
2 teaspoon of curry powder
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 15-oz can of chickpeas, rinsed, drained, with the membranes removed
1 large tomato, chopped
1/2 cup of coconut milk


In a saucepan, heat up oil on medium-high heat until the oil streams. Turn down to medium heat and add the spices, stirring to mix. Add the chickpeas and heat for about 3 minutes until heated through. Add the chopped tomatoes and allow to cook for 3 minutes until the tomatoes start to break down. Add the coconut milk and lower to medium-low and allow to simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes.

You can either eat this as a stew or serve it over rice, whichever you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment