Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Recipe: Iced Mocha Coffee

I started out making this because I had some extra coffee left over, but wanted something cold.  I was thinking of a frappucino when I decided to make this, but when I was looking @ recipes online, they all called for ice cream, not ice.  But I wanted something that was quick and easy where I could use the ingredients that I had on hand and wouldn't take a toll of my waistline.

The concoction I created is just a nice cold iced mocha coffee that has the head of a frappe without the calories.  Speaking from personal experience, it is the perfect drink for a hot day and gives a great caffeinated kick that is a good afternoon treat.

So here it is:

1 cup of coffee (or more, if desired)
1 1/4 cup of soy milk
1 heaping tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa
1 tablespoon of maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
6 ice cubes

In the blender, combine the first four ingredients, blending well to combine.  Taste it and add more sweetener, cocoa, or coffee, if needed.  Add the ice cubes on the "crush" setting on your blender until smooth.  Taste again and adjust if so desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment