Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Recipe: Easy Peasy Vegan Quesadillas!

My husband and I go to a Tex-Mex restaurant that has many locations in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, called Margaritas.  They have a great menu, but not a lot of vegan choices that appealed to me.  Due to that, I was compelled to cheat on my diet.

Shhhh!

I ordered grilled cojita corn to start with, which was nothing short of amazing.  I had Hector's Quesadillas, which contained melted cheese with guacamole and sour cream.  (I used the salsa we got with our tortilla chip basket.)  While they were amazing, I couldn't enjoy it as much knowing that it wasn't vegan.

A couple of days later, I decided to try making my own.  I am pleased to say it was a complete success, especially because it only takes a minute.

Here it is:

2 tortillas
1 cup of Daiya shredded cheese (I used a mix of cheddar and pepperjack)
Salsa, guacamole, and sour cream, for toppings

Put a tortilla on a microwave safe plate and spread the cheese shreds on top, making sure they are even distributed.  Put the 2nd tortilla on top, and put in the microwave for one minute, or until cheese is melted.  Let it sit for about a minute to cool down enough to handle.  With a knife or a pair of scissors, cut the quesadilla into quarters.  Serve alongside salsa, guacamole, and sour cream, and enjoy to your heart's content!



No comments:

Post a Comment