Friday, August 8, 2014

Heirloom Tomatoes

I have to admit, I went a little bit crazy @ the farmers market today.  I bought three pounds of heirloom tomatoes.  Aren't they just gorgeous?  Who could blame me for getting so many?  However, my eyes are infamous for being bigger than my stomach, so I had some concern they might go bad before I got to them.

When I went into the kitchen, my eyes went directly to these colorful, juicy gems.  I felt compelled to gorge on them.  I didn't want to get into a big production, so I just decided to do a simple tomato salad.


This is a full serving for one or two side servings, so if you want to feed a small army, go hog wild and use as many tomatoes as you need!

These ingredients are to be used as a guide.  I didn't put in any value amounts because different people like different herbs and spices.  You can also experiment with different spices, if you like.

The recipe:

2 heirloom tomatoes, in slices or chunks
salt
black pepper
dried 0regano
granulated garlic powder
olive oil

Slice up the tomato into 1/2-inch slices, arranging one on top of the other in a diagonal pattern or cut into medium sized chunks.  In a small bowl, add salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and olive oil and whisk to combine.  Drizzle the dressing over the tomatoes or toss together in a bowl. 


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment