Sunday, December 2, 2012

Marinated Olives

This is the time of year where I make my marinated olives, something that is always in high demand during the holidays.  My husband and I made 24 (1/2 pint) jelly jars.  That was 10 lbs of mixed already spiced olives, which we ordered in 5 lb. bags for a very affordable price.  We're currently waiting 90 minutes before we top off the olives with more olive oil, if needed.  Then, we're putting them into a hot water bath until they seal, for about 10 minutes.

I'm looking forward to trying one of these in a week or so.  Usually, the wait time is 5 days, but I like to infuse the olives with as much oil and spices as possible.  That way, they are succulent and filled with flavor.  Now we'll have some to share with our families for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment