Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Review: Erawan of Siam, Waltham, MA

Before I moved up North, I lived in the Greater Boston area.  My husband and I would go to a Thai restaurant called Erawan of Siam quite often.  In fact, we used to go there a lot when we lived in the area.  So after we moved away and then returned to Massachusetts - 7 years later - we decided to try it again.  My husband, my friend Rich, and his girlfriend, Malvys, were looking for a good place to go.  My husband and Malvys have the same birthday, so Rich and I wanted to treat them to dinner.  I remembered Erawan of Siam, and how good it was, so I suggested we go there.

The decor was very authentic and ornate.  There was an area where there were low tables and these cushions that you would sit on.  It was lovely, but we thought it would be painful to sit like that for too long, so we opted for a table.  The funny thing was, aside from us, nobody was there!  (We found out later that the majority of their business was take out - there were a handful of people that picked up their orders while we were there.)  We got a little nervous, but we ordered our food anyway.  When it came, it was a feast for the eyes and the nose!  We were really enjoying our meals with gusto!  Rich was saying, "Oh my God..." over and over, which is a sure sign that it got his seal of approval.  We were all very impressed.  It was expensive, but it was a special occasion, so it was worth it. 

I give it 4-stars! * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment