Thursday, April 30, 2015

Vegan Mango Lassi

This is one of my favorite drinks, but I'm not able to get it anywhere because everyone uses dairy. I really wanted to make one, so I went shopping to for the ingredients I needed to make an easy vegan version.

One warning, though: it's very filling. I sometimes make one for breakfast, before my morning workout.


Vegan Mango Lassi

2 mangoes
1 orange, peeled, with the membrane removed
2 small containers of vegan yogurt, peach or mango flavored
1 cup of So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk
1/2 cup of orange juice
1 tablespoon of honey
a few shakes of cardamom, along with some for garnish

In a high speed blender, blend the mangoes, orange, and yogurt until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and blend on low, increasing the speed up about 5 notches for a few minute, until smooth.

Pour into two glasses, sprinkle on a little cardamom, grab a straw, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment