Monday, March 5, 2012

Review: The Border Cafe, Cambridge, MA

My husband and I went to The Border Cafe in Harvard Square, Cambridge for an early dinner this weekend.  This is one of our favorite places to go to when we're hungry, which is great, since it's a short walk away from us.  I usually get the same old thing, but this time, I decided to step out of the box - just a little.

I had their soft taco dish:  two fresh flour tortillas stuffed with marinated chicken and pico de gallo.  The chicken was shredded and had a spicy red marinade.  I got some guacamole on the side, along with some cheese and it was just amazing.  It came with jambalaya rice, but I'm staying away from most carbs, so I didn't eat it.  I did, however, indulge in half a piece of buttered cornbread that my husband gave to me.

If you are in the Cambridge area and have a hungry appetite, go to The Border Cafe in Harvard Square.  You don't have to spend an arm and a leg to get a meal that will satisfy.  I would also suggest their chili, vegetable jambalaya, blackened catfish, cajun popcorn (shrimp), burgers, and quesadillas - and of course, the tacos.   Top notch food for a great price!

I give it 4 stars! * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment